Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

AKC Trial July 31-Aug. 1, 2010



Description copied off YouTube:

"Blue's first JWW run- I definitely turned her away too soon. Then she decided to have a fit. We ended up with an E.

Tru's JWW-First run in Open. I drove a little too much, too soon and then didn't drive enough, haha. I guess Tru's attempt to go sideways through the triple counted as a refusal? I knew she had two, but I'm not quite sure where that third one came from.

Tru's STD- Good layering, TruTru! I don't know what was up with the table, but it was rubberized and I don't think she's ever been on a rubber table. Or I could have driven her too far. Okay, so at the end, Truly was soooo avoiding the patch of bark. She's always had an issue with patches of odd surface in her way. She totally was going towards the jump and then turned off.

Blue's second JWW run- I called and turned, yet Blue still thought that we were going to the weaves. Luckily she called off, but then a spin out of nowhere! Refusal! She has done the before and I HATE when she does it. It's like she's too close and the pressure is just too much. I see a tiny something that might have turned her off, but my body was going the other direction. I don't know. Also, I could not have gotten her to wrap that cleanly the other way if I had tried, lol."

I hope we do much better next weekend. I don't know what was up, but I guess I just wasn't on it this weekend. I was really happy with Tru's weaves. She stayed in all twelve both times and that's her firs time doing 12 at a trial. We have NADAC later in August and I'm hoping she'll finish her S-NAC there, so she can start qualifying for Champs next year that I would really like to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment